Oakland in Brant County, Ontario — Central Canada
The Battle of Malcolm’s Mills
Erected by Ontario Archaeological and Historic Sites Board.
Location. 43° 1.895′ N, 80° 19.878′ W. Marker is in Oakland, Ontario, in Brant County. Marker is at the intersection of Oakland Road (County Route 4) and King Street South (County Route 24), on the right when traveling west on Oakland Road. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 147 Oakland Road, Oakland, Ontario N0E, Canada.
Other nearby markers. At least 4 other markers are within 13 kilometers of this marker, measured as the crow flies. St. Paul’s 1785 (approx. 12.9 kilometers away); Tomb of THAYENDANEGEA Her Majesty’s Chapel of the Mohawks (approx. 13 kilometers away); Mohawk Village (approx. 13 kilometers away).
More about this marker. This marker is located in the United Empire Loyalist Burial Ground
Also see . . . Battle of Malcolm's Mills - Wikipedia. In October 1814, an invading American force of about 700 mounted infantry under Brigadier General Duncan McArthur advanced rapidly as they left Detroit and raided the Thames Valley. The plan was to devastate the Grand River settlements and the region around the head of Lake Ontario which supplied flour to the British forces on the Niagara frontier. (Submitted on October 27, 2014, by Barry Swackhamer of San Jose, California.)
Categories. • Cemeteries & Burial Sites • War of 1812 •
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. This page originally submitted on October 27, 2014, by Barry Swackhamer of San Jose, California. This page has been viewed 294 times since then and 17 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3, 4. submitted on October 27, 2014, by Barry Swackhamer of San Jose, California. • Andrew Ruppenstein was the editor who published this page.