Death Valley in Inyo County, California — The American West (Pacific Coastal)
Amargosa Opera House
Between the years 1948 to 1967, Corkill Hall was abandoned as Death Valley Junction began to decline.
In 1967 Marta Becket discovered the abandoned building, and transformed it into the Amargosa Opera House which officially opened February 10, 1968.
Erected 1988 by The Grand Council of E Clampus Vitus. (Marker Number 52.)
Marker series. This marker is included in the E Clampus Vitus marker series.
Location. 36° 18.128′ N, 116° 24.873′ W. Marker is in Death Valley, California, in Inyo County. Marker is at the intersection of Death Valley Junction (State Highway 127) and Ash Meadows Road, on the right when traveling south on Death Valley Junction. Touch for map. Marker is located on the eastern wall of the Amargosa Opera House. Marker is at or near this postal address: 608 Death Valley Junction, Death Valley CA 92328, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 2 other markers are within 13 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Death Valley Junction Jack's Stone Cabin (approx. 12.5 miles away in Nevada).
Also see . . . The Opera House. Information and history of the Opera House. (Submitted on January 21, 2012.)
Categories. • Entertainment • Notable Buildings •
Credits. This page was last revised on August 9, 2016. This page originally submitted on January 12, 2012, by Michael Kindig of Long Beach, California. This page has been viewed 584 times since then and 35 times this year. Last updated on November 3, 2014, by Michael Kindig of Long Beach, California. Photos: 1, 2, 3. submitted on January 12, 2012, by Michael Kindig of Long Beach, California. 4. submitted on August 8, 2016, by Michael Kindig of Long Beach, California. • Bill Pfingsten was the editor who published this page.