Port Allegany in McKean County, Pennsylvania — The American Northeast (Mid-Atlantic)
Erected 1941 by Pennsylvania Historical and Museum Commission.
Location. 41° 49.165′ N, 78° 17.371′ W. Marker is in Port Allegany, Pennsylvania, in McKean County. Marker is on Grand Army of the Republic Highway (U.S. 6) 0.1 miles west of East Main Street, on the right when traveling east. Touch for map. Marker is in this post office area: Port Allegany PA 16743, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 9 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. A different marker also named Port Allegany (approx. ¾ mile away); Allegheny Portage (approx. 1.1 miles away); Mount Equity Plantation (approx. 5.1 miles away); Port Allegany, PA (approx. 5.7 miles away); Saint Mary's Church (approx. 6.3 miles away); Tidewater Pipe Company (approx. 7.1 miles away); McKean County (approx. 8.2 miles away); "The Bucktails" (approx. 8.2 miles away).
Categories. • Industry & Commerce • Waterways & Vessels •
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. This page originally submitted on November 7, 2014, by Mike Wintermantel of Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania. This page has been viewed 225 times since then and 17 times this year. Photos: 1, 2. submitted on May 25, 2015, by Mike Wintermantel of Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania.