Stillwater in Washington County, Minnesota — The American Midwest (Upper Plains)
Civil War Flank Howitzer
Dedicated July 4, 2008
all Washington County veterans.
This monument was made possible by
the generous donation of the
Margaret Rivers Fund
and other contributors.
Erected 2008 by the Margaret Rivers Fund and Others.
Location. 45° 3.123′ N, 92° 48.438′ W. Marker is in Stillwater, Minnesota, in Washington County. Marker is at the intersection of Pine Street and 3rd Street (County Route 23), on the left when traveling west on Pine Street. Touch for map. Monument is on the former Washington County Courthouse grounds. Marker is at or near this postal address: 101 West Pine Street, Stillwater MN 55082, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Soldiers and Sailors Monument (here, next to this marker); Washington County Public Land Donation (within shouting distance of this marker); Minnesota Territory 1849 – 1858 / Washington County Takes Shape (within shouting distance of this marker); Washington County Courthouse (within shouting distance of this marker); Stillwater Veterans Memorial (within Site of the Stillwater High School (within shouting distance of this marker); Smithson Paper Box Company Building (approx. 0.2 miles away); Simonet's Furniture and Carpet Company Building (approx. 0.2 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Stillwater.
Categories. • Man-Made Features • Patriots & Patriotism • War, US Civil •
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. This page originally submitted on November 7, 2014, by William Fischer, Jr. of Scranton, Pennsylvania. This page has been viewed 199 times since then and 44 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3. submitted on November 7, 2014, by William Fischer, Jr. of Scranton, Pennsylvania.