Chevy Chase in Montgomery County, Maryland — The American Northeast (Mid-Atlantic)
Original Federal Boundary Stone NW 9
District of Columbia
Placed - 1791 - 1792
Protected by the Margaret Whetten Chapter
Daughters of the American Revolution
Erected 1916 by The Margaret Whetten Chapter NSDAR.
Marker series. This marker is included in the Daughters of the American Revolution, and the Original Federal Boundary Stones marker series.
Location. 38° 59.14′ N, 77° 3.24′ W. Marker is in Chevy Chase, Maryland, in Montgomery County. Marker can be reached from Daniel Road. Touch for map. Near the intersection of Western and Oregon Avenues, Behind 2703 Daniel Road. Marker is at or near this postal address: 2701 Daniel Road, Chevy Chase MD 20815, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 2 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Frank D. Reeves (approx. 0.9 miles away in District of Columbia); Original Federal Boundary Stone North (approx. one mile away in District of Columbia); Clean Drinking Manor (approx. 1.1 miles away); Ferdinand Rudolph Hassler (approx. 1.3 miles away); Army Medical Museum (approx. Blair Mansion: Silver Spring / Blair Station Post Office (approx. 1.3 miles away); Walter Reed Memorial (approx. 1.3 miles away in District of Columbia); Geodetic Marker (approx. 1.4 miles away).
Also see . . . Boundary Stones of the District of Columbia. (Submitted on November 12, 2014, by Allen C. Browne of Silver Spring, Maryland.)
Categories. • Landmarks •
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. This page originally submitted on November 10, 2014, by Allen C. Browne of Silver Spring, Maryland. This page has been viewed 306 times since then and 23 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7. submitted on November 10, 2014, by Allen C. Browne of Silver Spring, Maryland. • Bill Pfingsten was the editor who published this page.