Warren in Macomb County, Michigan — The American Midwest (Great Lakes)
Their daughter's (Wilhelmine) diary stated the brick house was built in 1876, barn in 1883 and the carriage garage in 1892. Warren's last operating farm raised livestock and crops and had its own sawmill.
Today the 18 1/2 acre woods belongs to MCC College and the farm subdivided for homes. Bunert-Weier descendants still live in the homestead.
Erected 1997 by Warren Historical Commission.
Location. 42° 30.182′ N, 82° 58.673′ W. Marker is in Warren, Michigan, in Macomb County. Marker is on Burnett Road 0.4 miles south of E. Twelve Mile Road, on the left when traveling north. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 28241 Bunert Road, Warren MI 48088, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 4 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Warren Township District No. 4 School (approx. 0.3 miles away); The John Theisen House (approx. 2.1 miles away); Detroit Arsenal Tank Plant (was approx. 2.6 miles away but has been reported missing. ); Saint Clement Cemetery (approx. Saint Clement Catholic Parish (approx. 3 miles away); Red Run (approx. 3 miles away); a different marker also named Red Run (approx. 3.1 miles away); The Claeys House (approx. 3.3 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Warren.
Categories. • Agriculture • Settlements & Settlers •
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. This page originally submitted on November 12, 2014, by Joel Seewald of Madison Heights, Michigan. This page has been viewed 277 times since then and 48 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3. submitted on November 12, 2014, by Joel Seewald of Madison Heights, Michigan. • Al Wolf was the editor who published this page.