Fort Calhoun in Washington County, Nebraska — The American Midwest (Upper Plains)
Lewis and Clark Campsite
July 30 - August 2, 1804
Erected by Nebraska State Historical Society, National Park Service. (Marker Number 341.)
Marker series. This marker is included in the Lewis & Clark Expedition, and the Nebraska State Historical Society marker series.
Location. 41° 27.311′ N, 96° 0.946′ W. Marker is in Fort Calhoun, Nebraska Touch for map. Located in the trees just North of the Visitor's Center in Fort Atkinson State Historical Park. Marker is in this post office area: Fort Calhoun NE 68023, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 6 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Fort Atkinson (approx. ¼ mile away); a different marker also named Fort Atkinson (approx. 0.6 miles away); The Death of Marshal Suverkrubbe (approx. 0.6 miles away); The Lewis and Clark Expedition (approx. 4.2 miles away); Up the Missouri (approx. 4.2 miles away); Steamboat Bertrand (approx. 4.6 miles away); Lewis and Clark Campsite Area (approx. 4.8 miles away); DeSoto Townsite (approx. 5.2 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Fort Calhoun.
Categories. • Exploration • Native Americans • Notable Persons • Notable Places • Settlements & Settlers •
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. This page originally submitted on May 24, 2008, by Michael James of Fort Calhoun, Nebraska. This page has been viewed 1,802 times since then and 31 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3. submitted on May 24, 2008, by Michael James of Fort Calhoun, Nebraska. • Kevin W. was the editor who published this page.
Editor’s want-list for this marker. Pictures of sculpture depicting Lewis and Clark's "First Council." • Can you help?