Anson in Jones County, Texas — The American South (West South Central)
First Presbyterian Church Building
Erected 1982 by Texas Historical Commission. (Marker Number 1826.)
Location. 32° 45.294′ N, 99° 53.893′ W. Marker is in Anson, Texas, in Jones County. Marker is at the intersection of Avenue K and 13th Street, on the right when traveling south on Avenue K. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 1300 Avenue K, Anson TX 79501, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Jones County Courthouse (about 600 feet away, measured in a direct line); Jones County (about 600 feet away); Anson Jones (about 700 feet away); Fort Phantom Hill C.S.A. / Texas Civil War Frontier Defense (about Omar Burleson (about 800 feet away); Anson Opera House (approx. 0.2 miles away); First United Methodist Church of Anson (approx. 0.3 miles away); Cowboys' Christmas Ball (approx. 0.7 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Anson.
Regarding First Presbyterian Church Building. The First Presbyterian Church building is now occupied by the Anson-Jones Museum.
Categories. • Churches, Etc. •
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. This page originally submitted on November 15, 2014, by Duane Hall of Abilene, Texas. This page has been viewed 223 times since then and 30 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5. submitted on November 15, 2014, by Duane Hall of Abilene, Texas.