Anson in Jones County, Texas — The American South (West South Central)
First United Methodist Church of Anson
Erected 1982 by Texas Historical Commission. (Marker Number 1880.)
Location. 32° 45.555′ N, 99° 53.818′ W. Marker is in Anson, Texas, in Jones County. Marker is at the intersection of Commercial Avenue (U.S. 83/277) and 9th Street, on the right when traveling south on Commercial Avenue. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 832 Commercial Ave, Anson TX 79501, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Anson Opera House (approx. 0.2 miles away); Omar Burleson (approx. 0.2 miles away); Anson Jones (approx. 0.2 miles away); Jones County (approx. 0.2 miles away); Fort Phantom Hill C.S.A. / Texas Civil War Frontier Defense (approx. 0.2 miles away); Jones County Courthouse (approx. 0.2 miles away); First Presbyterian Church Building (approx. 0.3 miles away); Cowboys' Christmas Ball (approx. one mile away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Anson.
Categories. • Churches & Religion •
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. This page originally submitted on November 15, 2014, by Duane Hall of Abilene, Texas. This page has been viewed 243 times since then. Photos: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5. submitted on November 15, 2014, by Duane Hall of Abilene, Texas.