Annapolis in Anne Arundel County, Maryland — The American Northeast (Mid-Atlantic)
Hammond-Harwood House · 1774
A National Historic Landmark
A museum today, the house is almost entirely original material. Visitors are invited to join an hourly guided tour of its finely trimmed and authentically furnished interiors, colonial kitchen and 19th century boxwood garden.
Location. 38° 58.853′ N, 76° 29.317′ W. Marker is in Annapolis, Maryland, in Anne Arundel County. Marker is on Maryland Avenue near King George Street, on the right when traveling north. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 19 Maryland Ave., Annapolis MD 21401, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Chase-Lloyd House (a few steps from this marker); Peggy Stewart House (about 500 feet away, measured in a direct line); For Civilization Liberty Country (about 500 feet away); St. John's College (about 600 feet away); Dedicated to you, a free citizen in a free land (about 600 feet away); Liberty Tree (about 600 feet away); San Cayetano (about 700 feet away); Spanish 18-Pounder (about 700 feet away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Annapolis.
Also see . . .
1. Wikipedia entry for the Hammond-Harwood House. "The Hammond-Harwood House in Annapolis, Maryland, U.S.A. is one of the premier colonial houses remaining in America from the British colonial period (1607-1776)." (Submitted on May 24, 2008, by Tabitha Preast of Hanover, Maryland.)
2. Hammond-Harwood House 1774 Web Site. "The Hammond-Harwood House is one of the most important colonial houses in America." (Submitted on May 24, 2008, by Tabitha Preast of Hanover, Maryland.)
Categories. • Landmarks • Notable Buildings • Patriots & Patriotism •
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. This page originally submitted on May 24, 2008, by Tabitha Preast of Hanover, Maryland. This page has been viewed 944 times since then. Photos: 1, 2, 3, 4. submitted on May 24, 2008, by Tabitha Preast of Hanover, Maryland. • Kevin W. was the editor who published this page.