San Bernardino in San Bernardino County, California — The American West (Pacific Coastal)
Charles C Rich / Amasa M Lyman
Charles C Rich
Amasa M Lyman
Builders of the Council House 1852
First school, church, and later Court House of this county.
Erected 1932 by Lugonia Parlor 241 Native Daughters of the Golden West.
Marker series. This marker is included in the Native Sons/Daughters of the Golden West marker series.
Location. 34° 6.338′ N, 117° 17.376′ W. Marker is in San Bernardino, California, in San Bernardino County. Marker is on North Arrowhead Avenue, on the right when traveling north. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 351 North Arrowhead Avenue, San Bernardino CA 92401, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 5 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Settlement of San Bernardino (was here, next to this marker but has been reported missing. ); The Council House (here, next to this marker); Site of Mormon Stockade (within shouting distance of this marker); To Jedediah Smith (within shouting distance of this marker); Arrowhead Plaza (within shouting distance of this marker); Fort Benson Historic Cannon (approx. 3.3 miles away); The Arrowhead Landmark (approx. 4.4 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in San Bernardino.
Also see . . . Charles C Rich / Amasa M Lyman. Leaders of the Mormon Colony first settled at this site. (Submitted on November 20, 2014.)
Categories. • Settlements & Settlers •
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. This page originally submitted on November 20, 2014, by Michael Kindig of Long Beach, California. This page has been viewed 246 times since then. Photos: 1, 2. submitted on November 20, 2014, by Michael Kindig of Long Beach, California. • Syd Whittle was the editor who published this page.