San Bernardino in San Bernardino County, California — The American West (Pacific Coastal)
The Council House
It was two stories, one room below and one above 24x26 feet and surrounded by a white fence. The building stood until 1867 when it was demolished to make way for the Starkey Hotel, a brick building.
Erected 1955 by Lugonia Parlor No. 241 Native Daughters of the Golden West.
Marker series. This marker is included in the Native Sons/Daughters of the Golden West marker series.
Location. 34° 6.338′ N, 117° 17.376′ W. Marker is in San Bernardino, California, in San Bernardino County. Marker is on North Arrowhead Avenue when traveling north. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 351 North Arrowhead Avenue, San Bernardino CA 92401, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 5 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Charles C Rich / Amasa M Lyman (here, next to this marker); Settlement of San Bernardino (was here, next to this marker but has been reported missing. ); Site of Mormon Stockade To Jedediah Smith (within shouting distance of this marker); Arrowhead Plaza (within shouting distance of this marker); Fort Benson (approx. 3.1 miles away); Historic Cannon (approx. 3.3 miles away); The Arrowhead Landmark (approx. 4.4 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in San Bernardino.
Categories. • Settlements & Settlers •
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. This page originally submitted on November 20, 2014, by Michael Kindig of Long Beach, California. This page has been viewed 227 times since then. Photos: 1, 2. submitted on November 20, 2014, by Michael Kindig of Long Beach, California. • Syd Whittle was the editor who published this page.
Editor’s want-list for this marker. Wide area view of the marker and its surroundings. • Can you help?