Montevallo in Shelby County, Alabama — The American South (East South Central)
Alabama Historical Association
Erected 1957 by Alabama Historical Association.
Location. 33° 6.178′ N, 86° 51.729′ W. Marker is in Montevallo, Alabama, in Shelby County. Marker is at the intersection of North Boundary Street and Oak Street, on the right when traveling north on North Boundary Street. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 840 North Boundary Street, Montevallo AL 35115, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 4 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Montevallo High School (about 400 feet away, measured in a direct line); University Of Montevallo National Historic District (about 600 feet away); King House (about 700 feet away); Welcome To Historic Montevallo (approx. 0.2 miles away); Town of Wilton (approx. 2.1 miles away); The Liberty Bell Garden (approx. 3.2 miles away); The Liberty Bell (approx. 3.2 miles away); The Colonial Courthouse/The Stocks and Pillory (approx. 3.2 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Montevallo.
More about this marker. This photo was taken during the Alabama Historical Association's Fall meeting and tour of the University of
Regarding Alabama Historical Association. Alabama College was renamed the University of Montevallo in 1969. The marker is on Jeter Hall which was erected in 1915, and is on the National Register of Historic Places. The University of Montevallo has announced plans to tear down Jeter Hall but it hopefully will survive to celebrate its 100th anniversary next year.
Also see . . . Article about petition to save Jeter Hall. (Submitted on November 27, 2014, by Kevin Vincent of Arlington, Virginia.)
Categories. • Education •
Credits. This page was last revised on July 25, 2018. This page originally submitted on November 27, 2014, by Kevin Vincent of Arlington, Virginia. This page has been viewed 325 times since then and 27 times this year. Photos: 1, 2. submitted on November 27, 2014, by Kevin Vincent of Arlington, Virginia. • Bernard Fisher was the editor who published this page.