A mill has been here for 250 years. The braced-frame mill was built in 1827. It had two structural additions. The first occurred in 1890 to accommodate new equipment. The second occurred in 1917 when the “Fitz” waterwheel replaced the large wooden waterwheel.
Location. 38° 42.048′ N, 75° 53.85′ W. Marker is in Preston, Maryland, in Caroline County. Marker is at the intersection of Linchester Road and Maryland Route 331 on Linchester Road. Touch for map. Marker is in this post office area: Preston MD 21655, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 2 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. The Underground Railroad (within shouting distance of this marker); Linchester Mill-Living Dangerously (within shouting distance of this marker); Linchester
Categories. • Agriculture • Industry & Commerce • War, US Revolutionary •
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. This page originally submitted on December 1, 2014, by Don Morfe of Baltimore, Md 21234. This page has been viewed 232 times since then and 39 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6. submitted on December 1, 2014, by Don Morfe of Baltimore, Md 21234. • Bill Pfingsten was the editor who published this page.