Natchez in Adams County, Mississippi — The American South (East South Central)
Commercial Bank Building
Built ca. 1836, this structure, a National Historic Landmark, is a fine example of the Greek Revival style. A Bankerís House attached to the rear insured security & gives the structure an unusual and practical plan.
Erected 1976 by Mississippi Department of Archives and History.
Marker series. This marker is included in the Mississippi State Historical Marker Program, and the National Historic Landmarks marker series.
Location. 31° 33.675′ N, 91° 24.302′ W. Marker is in Natchez, Mississippi, in Adams County. Marker is at the intersection of Main Street and South Canal Street, on the left when traveling west on Main Street. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 206 Main Street, Natchez MS 39120, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. "The Natchez Burning" (about 300 feet away, measured in a direct line); William Johnson House (about 500 feet away); a different marker also named The William Johnson House (about 500 feet away); Bluff Park - Playground for the City (about 500 feet away); Spanish Colonial Natchez (about 500 feet away); The Natchez Trace (about 500 feet away); Bluff Park and South Broadway Street (about 500 feet away); Andrew Marschalk (about 500 feet away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Natchez.
Categories. • Notable Buildings •
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. This page originally submitted on December 2, 2014, by Cosmos Mariner of Cape Canaveral, Florida. This page has been viewed 320 times since then and 32 times this year. Photos: 1, 2. submitted on December 3, 2014, by Cosmos Mariner of Cape Canaveral, Florida. • Bernard Fisher was the editor who published this page.