Williamson in Wayne County, New York — The American Northeast (Mid-Atlantic)
This road, second in town
was indian trail, later
post road, built of plank.
Here stood toll gate.
Erected 1935 by New York State Education Department.
Location. 43° 15.375′ N, 77° 11.117′ W. Marker is in Williamson, New York, in Wayne County. Marker is at the intersection of Lake Avenue (County Route 120) and Jersey Road, on the right when traveling north on Lake Avenue. Touch for map. At the intersection with Lake Avenue, Jersey Road is east, Church Road is west. Marker is at or near this postal address: 7128 Lake Avenue, Williamson NY 14589, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 2 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Site of Union Church (approx. 1.6 miles away); 100 Years of Dramatics (approx. 1.6 miles away); First White Men (approx. 1.8 miles away); From the Nearby Ravine (approx. 1.8 miles away); The Battle of Pultneyville (approx. 1.8 miles away); Underground Railroad Terminus (approx. 1.9 miles away); Wreck of the St.Peter (approx. 1.9 miles away); The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints (approx. 1.9 miles away).
Categories. • Native Americans • Roads & Vehicles •
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. This page originally submitted on December 11, 2014, by Anton Schwarzmueller of Wilson, New York. This page has been viewed 311 times since then and 6 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3, 4. submitted on December 11, 2014, by Anton Schwarzmueller of Wilson, New York. • Bill Pfingsten was the editor who published this page.