Marker Logo HMdb.org THE HISTORICAL
MARKER DATABASE
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
Pultneyville in Wayne County, New York — The American Northeast (Mid-Atlantic)
 

Site of Union Church

 
 
Site of Union Church Marker image. Click for full size.
By Anton Schwarzmueller, November 7, 2014
1. Site of Union Church Marker
Inscription.
Site of
Union Church
Erected 1825. Open for use
of any denomination,
dedicated to tolerance and
promotion of good order
and religion.

 
Erected 1935 by New York State Education Department.
 
Location. 43° 16.783′ N, 77° 11.18′ W. Marker is in Pultneyville, New York, in Wayne County. Marker is at the intersection of Lake Road (County Route 101) and Hamilton Street, on the right when traveling west on Lake Road. Touch for map. Pultneyville is an unincorporated hamlet in the town of Williamson. Marker is at or near this postal address: 4107 Lake Road, Pultneyville NY 14538, United States of America.
 
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 2 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. 100 Years of Dramatics (here, next to this marker); First White Men (approx. 0.2 miles away); From the Nearby Ravine (approx. 0.2 miles away); The Battle of Pultneyville (approx. 0.2 miles away); Wreck of the St.Peter (approx. 0.9 miles away); The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints (approx. 0.9 miles away); Underground Railroad Terminus (approx. 0.9 miles away); Indian Trail (approx. 1.6 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Pultneyville.
 
Categories. Churches, Etc.
 
National Register of Historic Places Plaque image. Click for full size.
By Anton Schwarzmueller, November 7, 2014
2. National Register of Historic Places Plaque
Westward on Lake Road image. Click for full size.
By Anton Schwarzmueller, November 7, 2014
3. Westward on Lake Road
West Side image. Click for full size.
By Anton Schwarzmueller, November 7, 2014
4. West Side
Front image. Click for full size.
By Anton Schwarzmueller, November 7, 2014
5. Front
Building has been used for plays since 1867. See separate marker.
 
 
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. This page originally submitted on December 11, 2014, by Anton Schwarzmueller of Wilson, New York. This page has been viewed 205 times since then and 17 times this year. Photos:   1, 2, 3, 4, 5. submitted on December 11, 2014, by Anton Schwarzmueller of Wilson, New York. • Bill Pfingsten was the editor who published this page.
Paid Advertisement