Pittsburgh in Allegheny County, Pennsylvania — The American Northeast (Mid-Atlantic)
Monongahela Wharf Commercial Buildings
—Historic Landmark —
Market Street to Wood Street
C. 1850 to C. 1890
Erected by Pittsburgh History and Landmarks Foundation.
Location. 40° 26.25′ N, 80° 0.162′ W. Marker is in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, in Allegheny County. Marker can be reached from the intersection of Fort Pitt Boulevard and Wood Street, on the right when traveling west. Touch for map. Mounted to the Conestoga Building. Marker is in this post office area: Pittsburgh PA 15222, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Bethel A.M.E. Church (about 600 feet away, measured in a direct line); John Scull (about 600 feet away); Smithfield Street Bridge (about 700 feet away); Martin R. Delany (about 700 feet away); University of Pittsburgh Log Schoolhouse (about 800 feet away); Arrott Building (approx. 0.2 miles away); Union Trust Company-Lawyers Title Building (approx. 0.2 miles away); Benedum-Trees Building (approx. 0.2 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Pittsburgh.
Also see . . . Pittsburgh History and Landmarks Foundation. (Submitted on December 13, 2014, by Mike Wintermantel of Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania.)
Categories. • Notable Buildings •
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. This page originally submitted on December 13, 2014, by Mike Wintermantel of Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania. This page has been viewed 236 times since then and 17 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3. submitted on December 13, 2014, by Mike Wintermantel of Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania.