Red Creek in Wayne County, New York — The American Northeast (Mid-Atlantic)
First Log Cabin
Site of log cabin built
in 1813 by Jacob Snyder,
first settler of Red Creek.
Erected by Red Creek Historical Association.
Location. 43° 14.746′ N, 76° 43.506′ W. Marker is in Red Creek, New York, in Wayne County. Marker is at the intersection of Wolcott Street (New York State Route 104A) and Church Street, on the left when traveling north on Wolcott Street. Touch for map. Marker is immediatley south of a trangular public green space. Marker is at or near this postal address: 6777 Wolcott Street, Red Creek NY 13143, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 5 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. A Memorial to Our Men Who Answered our County's Call (about 300 feet away, measured in a direct line); Wolcott Falls (approx. 4.7 miles away); Northrup Park (approx. 4.9 miles away); In Memory, World Wars 1 - 2 (approx. 4.9 miles away); Site of Methodist Episcopal Church (approx. 4.9 miles away); Little Sodus Bay (Fair Haven) (approx. 4.9 miles away); George E. Ingersol (approx. 4.9 miles away); Honoring All Men and Women (approx. 4.9 miles away).
Categories. • Settlements & Settlers •
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. This page originally submitted on December 17, 2014, by Anton Schwarzmueller of Wilson, New York. This page has been viewed 185 times since then and 21 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5. submitted on December 17, 2014, by Anton Schwarzmueller of Wilson, New York. • Bill Pfingsten was the editor who published this page.