Marker Logo HMdb.org THE HISTORICAL
MARKER DATABASE
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
Smicksburg in Indiana County, Pennsylvania — The American Northeast (Mid-Atlantic)
 

Riethmiller's Store

 
 
Riethmiller's Store Marker image. Click for full size.
By Mike Wintermantel, November 5, 2011
1. Riethmiller's Store Marker
Inscription. The store located on this corner was built by John A. Campbell in 1910. By the 1930's the store was owned by George and Sara Riethmiller. Like many other small town stores, it sold a little bit of everything from ice cream and fabric to gasoline. The building was torn down in 1945.
 
Location. 40° 52.269′ N, 79° 10.131′ W. Marker is in Smicksburg, Pennsylvania, in Indiana County. Marker is at the intersection of Pennsylvania Route 954 and Mill Street, on the right when traveling east on State Route 954. Touch for map. Marker is in this post office area: Smicksburg PA 16256, United States of America.
 
Other nearby markers. At least 7 other markers are within 17 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Fort Mahoning (approx. 1.5 miles away); John S. Fisher (approx. 5.3 miles away); Linton Park (approx. 9.3 miles away); Edward Abbey (approx. 10 miles away); Charles J. Margiotti (approx. 10.3 miles away); Fishbasket Indian Town (approx. 11.8 miles away); Dr. Robert Mitchell (approx. 16.1 miles away).
 
Categories. Notable Buildings
 
Riethmiller's Store Marker image. Click for full size.
By Mike Wintermantel, November 5, 2011
2. Riethmiller's Store Marker
 
 
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. This page originally submitted on December 30, 2014, by Mike Wintermantel of Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania. This page has been viewed 222 times since then and 27 times this year. Photos:   1, 2. submitted on December 30, 2014, by Mike Wintermantel of Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania.
Paid Advertisement