Louisbourg in Cape Breton Regional Municipality., Nova Scotia — The Canadian Atlantic
French Naval Guns
by the Dominion Coal Company in 1895
from the bottom of Louisburg Harbour
and mounted at the Louisburg Railroad Station
presented to the Fortress of Louisburg
National Historic Site
Dominion Steel and Coal Corporation Ltd.
Erected 1936 by Dominion Steel and Coal Corporation.
Location. 45° 55.512′ N, 59° 57.762′ W. Marker is in Louisbourg, Nova Scotia, in Cape Breton Regional Municipality.. Marker is on Main Street just from Huntington Avenue, on the left when traveling east. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 7336 Main Street, Louisbourg, Nova Scotia B1C 1P9, Canada.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 3 kilometers of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Sydney and Louisbourg Railway Museum (within shouting distance of this marker); The Lobster Fishery (approx. 1.9 kilometers away); French Garrison at Louisbourg (approx. 2.1 kilometers away); First Lighthouse Tower (approx. 2.1 kilometers away); First Lighthouse (approx. 2.1 kilometers away); 19th-Century Lighthouse Louisbourg Harbour (approx. 2.1 kilometers away); Lighthouse Point (approx. 2.1 kilometers away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Louisbourg.
More about this marker. The naval guns are east of the Sydney & Louisburg Railway Station.
Categories. • War, French and Indian •
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. This page originally submitted on December 30, 2014, by Barry Swackhamer of San Jose, California. This page has been viewed 236 times since then and 32 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3. submitted on December 30, 2014, by Barry Swackhamer of San Jose, California. • Andrew Ruppenstein was the editor who published this page.