Corning in Steuben County, New York — The American Northeast (Mid-Atlantic)
Galvin and Haines Insurance
—Corning’s Gaﬀer District —
Known as the William’s Block, the building was constructed in 1887 and was designed by H. G. Tuthill and Sons of Corning. The building featured an elegant and spacious hall on the third floor, which was the site of many community functions.
In keeping with the revitalization effort along Market Street, Galvin and Haines renovated their storefront in 1977.
Location. 42° 8.595′ N, 77° 3.199′ W. Marker is in Corning, New York, in Steuben County. Marker is on East Market Street just west of Cedar Street, on the right when traveling west. Touch for map. It is mid-block, at the crosswalk. Marker is at or near this postal address: 27 E Market St, Corning NY 14830, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking Ecker Drug Store (within shouting distance of this marker); Concert Hall Block (about 300 feet away, measured in a direct line); City of Corning (about 300 feet away); Market Street Historic District (about 300 feet away); Erie Avenue (about 400 feet away); At This Location an Alliance of Prosperity was Formed (about 500 feet away); First Presbyterian Church (about 700 feet away); Corning Centennial Sculpture (approx. 0.2 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Corning.
Categories. • Notable Buildings •
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. This page originally submitted on January 1, 2015, by J. J. Prats of Powell, Ohio. This page has been viewed 184 times since then and 3 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3. submitted on January 1, 2015, by J. J. Prats of Powell, Ohio.
Editor’s want-list for this marker. Sharp close-up of the Owl of Market Street • Can you help?