Eastview is situated adjacent to Harding Spring on a lot originally registered by Absalom M. Thomas after the town site survey of 1879. John E. and Bell Perrin purchased the lot and residence in October, 1881, then sold to David R. and Harriett N. Whitcomb who also owned the adjacent house named Whitcomb Cottage.
Eastview was next sold to Royal F. and A. E. Elliott whose heirs sold it to Robert C. Ramey in August, 1919. It's most long-term resident was Katherine S. Wheelock, an artist and teacher at Crescent College. She made her home on the cliffside from 1924 until her death in 1960 when Eastview passed into other hands. It is one of the oldest original structures in the historic district.
Erected by Greater Eureka Springs Chamber of Commerce and the Community Development Partnership.
Location. 36° 24.313′ N, 93° 44.243′ W. Marker is in Eureka Springs, Arkansas, in Carroll County. Marker is on Spring Street, on the right when traveling south. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 140 Spring Street, Eureka Springs AR 72632, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers
Regarding Eastview Cottage. Eastview Cottage is a contributing building to the Eureka Springs Historic District.
Categories. • Notable Buildings •
More. Search the internet for Eastview Cottage.
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. This page originally submitted on January 5, 2015, by William Fischer, Jr. of Scranton, Pennsylvania. This page has been viewed 282 times since then and 15 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3. submitted on January 5, 2015, by William Fischer, Jr. of Scranton, Pennsylvania.