Built in Berlin, Germany 1934, 600 millimeter gauge (24 inch) (same engines are used at Silver Dollar City). Engine was found near Orlando, Fla. in 1989. Was bought by gentleman from Switzerland and hauled to Eureka Springs same year. Plans are to possibly rebuild engine here in America and be shipped to Switzerland where he would maybe lay track & run it on his farm. Other plans include possible rebuild for sale to interested party. Originally coal burner now an oil burner.
Location. 36° 24.815′ N, 93° 44.033′ W. Marker is in Eureka Springs, Arkansas, in Carroll County. Marker is at the intersection of Main Street (State Highway 23) and Grand Avenue, on the right when traveling north on Main Street. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 299 North Main Street, Eureka Springs AR 72632, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. The Railroad Depot (within shouting distance of this marker); The Town that Water Built (about 800 feet away, measured in a direct line); Grotto Spring (approx. 0.3 miles away); The Crescent Hotel & Spa (approx. 0.4 miles away); Clayton-Becker House (approx.
More about this marker. Marker and engine are at the Eureka Springs & Arkansas Railway depot.
Also see . . . Eureka Springs & North Arkansas Railway. (Submitted on January 7, 2015, by William Fischer, Jr. of Scranton, Pennsylvania.)
Categories. • Man-Made Features • Railroads & Streetcars •
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. This page originally submitted on January 7, 2015, by William Fischer, Jr. of Scranton, Pennsylvania. This page has been viewed 267 times since then and 39 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3. submitted on January 7, 2015, by William Fischer, Jr. of Scranton, Pennsylvania.