Marker Logo HMdb.org THE HISTORICAL
MARKER DATABASE
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
Fort Stockton in Pecos County, Texas — The American South (West South Central)
 

St. Stephen's Episcopal Church

 
 
St. Stephen's Episcopal Church Marker image. Click for full size.
By William F Haenn, January 11, 2015
1. St. Stephen's Episcopal Church Marker
Inscription. Originally constructed at Pecos (54 mi. NW) in 1896, this building served the congregation of St. Mark's Episcopal Church. In 1958 it was sold to members of St. Stephen's Episcopal Church of Fort Stockton and moved to this site. Located on property donated by Dr. D.J. Sibley, the frame church building reflects styling of the late Victorian period. Interior furnishings include a cross of solid ebony.
Recorded Texas Historic Landmark - 1966
(addition)
This land was donated by Dr. D.J. Sibley and his wife, Jane Dunn Sibley. The building was given to St. Stephen's congregation.
 
Erected 1966 by State Historical Survey Committee. (Marker Number 4488.)
 
Location. 30° 53.169′ N, 102° 52.537′ W. Marker is in Fort Stockton, Texas, in Pecos County. Marker is at the intersection of East 2nd Street and North Spring Drive, on the left when traveling east on East 2nd Street. Touch for map. Marker is in this post office area: Fort Stockton TX 79735, United States of America.
 
Other nearby markers. At least 6 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Site of Comanche Springs (within shouting distance of this marker); Fort Stockton Guard House
St. Stephen's Episcopal Church image. Click for full size.
By William F Haenn, January 11, 2015
2. St. Stephen's Episcopal Church
Fort Stockton guardhouse can be seen in the left background.
(about 300 feet away, measured in a direct line); Fort Stockton Officers' Quarters (approx. 0.2 miles away); Site of Fort Stockton (approx. 0.3 miles away); Old Fort Cemetery (approx. 0.4 miles away); Fort Stockton (approx. 0.4 miles away).
 
Categories. Churches & Religion
 
 
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. This page originally submitted on January 13, 2015, by William F Haenn of Fort Clark (Brackettville), Texas. This page has been viewed 227 times since then and 63 times this year. Photos:   1, 2. submitted on January 13, 2015, by William F Haenn of Fort Clark (Brackettville), Texas. • Bernard Fisher was the editor who published this page.
Paid Advertisement