Saint Thomas in Franklin County, Pennsylvania — The American Northeast (Mid-Atlantic)
St. Thomas Commemorates
1734. License July 31, to James Campbell, 200 acres. No survey. joining to his brother Charles Campbell.
1738. Election William Campbell, son of Charles, Trustee of Upper West Conococheague Church. Church Hill the Pioneer Church for St. Thomas Community.
1749. Warrant to Michael Campbell, son of Charles, for 300 acres, part of this land his son Thomas Campbell laid out into 82 lots, calling the village St. Thomas per original survey parchment of James McDowell made prior to 1802 when original deeds were given for said lots by James Campbell and Mary McDowell Campbell his wife.
1784. One hundred fifty years Franklin County history.
1818. One hundred sixteen years with St. Thomas township.
1823. Birth August 10 of Gen. Charles T. Campbell, son of James, organizer of St. Thomas "Flying Artillery", and a hero of Mexican and Civil Wars.
1834. One hundred years of Pennsylvania Public School.
Location. 39° 55.047′ N, 77° 47.878′ W. Marker is in Saint Thomas, Pennsylvania, in Franklin County. Marker is at the intersection of US 30 and St. Thomas-Williamson Road, on the right when traveling east on US 30. Touch for map
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 5 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Jacob Nelson "Nellie" Fox (within shouting distance of this marker); Fort Wadell (approx. 1.3 miles away); Fort Waddell (approx. 1.3 miles away); Joseph Armstrong (approx. 3.2 miles away); Site of Fort McCord (approx. 4.8 miles away); Fort McDowell (approx. 4.9 miles away); This Stone Marks the Site of the Fort at McDowell's Mill (approx. 4.9 miles away); Fort McCord (approx. 4.9 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Saint Thomas.
Categories. • Colonial Era • Notable Events • Notable Persons • Settlements & Settlers • War, Mexican-American • War, US Civil •
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. This page originally submitted on May 31, 2008, by Bill Pfingsten of Bel Air, Maryland. This page has been viewed 1,349 times since then and 15 times this year. Photos: 1, 2. submitted on May 31, 2008, by Bill Pfingsten of Bel Air, Maryland.