Hardyston in Sussex County, New Jersey — The American Northeast (Mid-Atlantic)
George Washington Encampment
1779 – 1912
With him was an aide, Lieutenant John Kays of Sussex County, a soldier of the American Revolution.
This memorial was erected by Marchioness Ellen Kays McLaughlin, a member of the Newton Chapter of the Daughters of the American Revolution and a Grand Daughter of John Kays.
Erected 1912 by Daughters of the American Revolution, Newton Chapter.
Marker series. This marker is included in the Daughters of the American Revolution marker series.
Location. 41° 9.088′ N, 74° 35.584′ W. Marker is in Hardyston, New Jersey, in Sussex County. Marker is at the intersection of Route 94 and Beaver Run Road (County Route 661), on the left when traveling north on Route 94. Touch for map. Marker is in this post office area: Hamburg NJ 07419, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 7 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Joseph Sharp's Iron Works (approx. 0.9 miles away); Dr. Samuel Fowler (approx. 2 miles away); Sussex Borough, New Jersey (approx. 4.1 miles away); Old Schoolhouse and Firehouse Museum Sand Hill Road and Route 94 (approx. 5.2 miles away); Kilpatrick's Reenactment (approx. 5.6 miles away); Snufftown - Stockholm (approx. 6 miles away); The Works of the New Jersey and Pennsylvania Concentrating Company (approx. 6.2 miles away).
Categories. • Military • Notable Places • War, US Revolutionary •
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. This page originally submitted on June 1, 2008, by Bill Coughlin of North Arlington, New Jersey. This page has been viewed 1,423 times since then and 38 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3. submitted on June 1, 2008, by Bill Coughlin of North Arlington, New Jersey.