Clyde in Callahan County, Texas — The American South (West South Central)
Community of Clyde
Erected 1980 by Texas Historical Commission. (Marker Number 1006.)
Location. 32° 24.366′ N, 99° 29.643′ W. Marker is in Clyde, Texas, in Callahan County. Marker can be reached from the intersection of N. 1st Street and Oak Street, on the right when traveling east. Touch for map. Marker is located between N. 1st Street and the railroad tracks near the N. 1st Street and Oak Street intersection. Marker is in this post office area: Clyde TX 79510, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 6 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Clyde First Methodist Church (about 700 feet away, measured in a direct line); The Prew House Judge Walter Raleigh Ely (approx. 4.9 miles away); a different marker also named Judge Walter Raleigh Ely (approx. 5.3 miles away); First Baptist Church of Baird (approx. 5.7 miles away); First Callahan Jail (approx. 5.8 miles away); Camp Pecan C.S.A. / Texas Civil War Frontier Defense (approx. 5.9 miles away); Callahan County (approx. 5.9 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Clyde.
Also see . . . Clyde, TX. From the Texas State Historical Associationís “Handbook of Texas Online”. (Submitted on February 8, 2015.)
Categories. • Disasters • Railroads & Streetcars • Settlements & Settlers •
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. This page originally submitted on February 8, 2015, by Duane Hall of Abilene, Texas. This page has been viewed 215 times since then and 47 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6. submitted on February 8, 2015, by Duane Hall of Abilene, Texas.