Marker Logo HMdb.org THE HISTORICAL
MARKER DATABASE
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
Wayne in Delaware County, Pennsylvania — The American Northeast (Mid-Atlantic)
 

St. David's Church

 
 
St. David's Church Marker image. Click for full size.
By Don Morfe, March 10, 2015
1. St. David's Church Marker
Inscription. Erected 1715 by Welsh Episcopalians, renovated 1871. Commemorated by Longfellow's poem. Final burial place of Gen. Anthony Wayne, whose remains were brought from Erie in 1809.
 
Erected by Pennsylvania Historical & Museum Commission.
 
Location. 40° 1.348′ N, 75° 23.971′ W. Marker is in Wayne, Pennsylvania, in Delaware County. Marker is at the intersection of St David's Road (SR 1046) and Pennsylvania Route 1017 on St David's Road (SR 1046). Touch for map. Marker is in this post office area: Wayne PA 19087, United States of America.
 
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 4 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Square Inn (approx. 1.9 miles away); Radnor Friends Meeting House (approx. 1.9 miles away); Radnor Meeting House (approx. 2 miles away); Devon Horse Show (approx. 2 miles away); Wayne Natatorium (approx. 2 miles away); Woodcrest (approx. 2.6 miles away); Bartram Bridge (approx. 3 miles away); Culbertson House (approx. 3.2 miles away).
 
Categories. Churches & Religion
 
St. David's Church Marker image. Click for full size.
By Don Morfe, March 10, 2015
2. St. David's Church Marker
 
 
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. This page originally submitted on March 14, 2015, by Don Morfe of Baltimore, Md 21234. This page has been viewed 211 times since then and 32 times this year. Photos:   1, 2. submitted on March 14, 2015, by Don Morfe of Baltimore, Md 21234. • Bill Pfingsten was the editor who published this page.
Paid Advertisement