Québec in Capitale-Nationale (region), Quebec — French Canadian Region
construite en 1688
nommée ainsi à la suite
du siège de Phipps et du
désastre de la flotte de Walker
elle est la plus ancienne
église de pierre du Québec
Built in 1688
defeat of Phipps’ siege
and the disaster to Walker’s fleet
It is the oldest
stone church in Québec
Location. 46° 48.777′ N, 71° 12.16′ W. Marker is in Québec, Quebec, in Capitale-Nationale (region). Marker is on Rue des Pains Bénits, on the left when traveling south. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 2-4 Rue des Pains Bénits, Québec, Quebec G1K, Canada.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Pierre Dugua de Mons (here, next to this marker); Site historique et archéologique de l’Habitation-Samuel-De Champlain (a few steps from this marker); L'Église Notre-Dame-des-Victoires Church (within shouting distance of this marker); Le premier monastère d’Ursulines (within shouting distance of this marker); Les filles du roy Trois façons de se chauffer / Three Modes of Heating (within shouting distance of this marker); La Batterie Royale (within shouting distance of this marker); Mathieu d'Amours (within shouting distance of this marker). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Québec.
More about this marker. This marker is on the façade of Notre-Dame-des-Victoires church at Place Royale.
Also see . . . Notre-Dame-des-Victoires Church - Wikipedia. The church, which was listed as a historic monument in 1929, remains a popular tourist attraction within the city, as well as a place of worship. It has undergone extensive restoration in recent decades, to restore its colonial French character. (Submitted on March 15, 2015, by Barry Swackhamer of San Jose, California.)
Categories. • Churches & Religion •
Credits. This page was last revised on September 12, 2018. This page originally submitted on March 15, 2015, by Barry Swackhamer of San Jose, California. This page has been viewed 232 times since then and 23 times this year. Photos: 1, 2. submitted on March 15, 2015, by Barry Swackhamer of San Jose, California. 3. submitted on March 25, 2015. • Andrew Ruppenstein was the editor who published this page.