Marker Logo HMdb.org THE HISTORICAL
MARKER DATABASE
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
Jackson in Amador County, California — The American West (Pacific Coastal)
 

Krabbenhoft Building

No. 11

 

—Historic Main Street -Jackson —

 
Krabbenhoft Building Marker image. Click for full size.
By James King, January 25, 2015
1. Krabbenhoft Building Marker
Inscription.
Dry goods store
Town gym on third floor

1931

 
Erected by Jackson Business & Community Association. (Marker Number 11.)
 
Location. 38° 21.021′ N, 120° 46.494′ W. Marker is in Jackson, California, in Amador County. Marker is at the intersection of North Main Street and California Street, on the right when traveling north on North Main Street. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 204 North Main Street, Jackson CA 95642, United States of America.
 
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Leam's Saloon (within shouting distance of this marker); Labor Day Celebration (within shouting distance of this marker); Original site of Mel and Faye’s Diner (within shouting distance of this marker); Sanguinetti Building (about 300 feet away, measured in a direct line); Miners Restaurant & Exchange (about 400 feet away); Stampfly's Tent, Republic House (about 500 feet away); Brown Home (about 500 feet away); Weller Hardware, Pioneer Hall (about 500 feet away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Jackson.
 
Regarding Krabbenhoft Building. From the "Walking Main Street Jackson" tour brochure: At Main and California stands
Krabbenhoft Building image. Click for full size.
By James King, January 25, 2015
2. Krabbenhoft Building
Marker is mounted on the wall at the center of the building between the two awnings.
this four-story concrete building erected in 1931. No one has measured whether it or the Oddfellows Hall is actually taller. For a decade or longer, old Jackson High School played its basketball games on the upper story court. It now houses several enterprises. The first Catholic Church site is north of the Krabbenhoft at the southeasterly corner of North and North Main, where the parking lot is. The rude, dirt-floored church was built in 1852. Its cemetery was nearby.

 
Also see . . .  "Walking Main Street Jackson" Tour Brochure. This is in PDF format. (Submitted on March 18, 2015, by James King of San Miguel, California.) 
 
Categories. Notable Buildings
 
 
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. This page originally submitted on March 18, 2015, by James King of San Miguel, California. This page has been viewed 183 times since then and 45 times this year. Photos:   1, 2. submitted on March 18, 2015, by James King of San Miguel, California. • Syd Whittle was the editor who published this page.
Paid Advertisement