East Liberty in Logan County, Ohio — The American Midwest (Great Lakes)
East Liberty School
Perry Township Park
East Liberty School
This memorial of the East Liberty School is presented in memory of first settler Job Sharp and his wife Dr. Phebe Sharp, the first woman doctor in the early 1800ís. she passed away in 1833 and is buried between East Liberty and Middleburg. Many descendants graduated from this school.
Donated by Charles Sharp
John E. Dunaway 1911- 1932
Lee T. Stratton 1934- 1942
Alexander R. Kerr 1943- 1962
W. K. Whitehead
C. W. Bushing
school built 1906
addition built 1936
Erected 1997 by Charlie Sharp.
Location. 40° 20.025′ N, 83° 34.999′ W. Marker is in East Liberty, Ohio, in Logan County. Marker is on College Street (County Route 170) near 10041 Twp Rd 170, on the left when traveling east. Touch for map. marker is at the site of the former school building, now Perry Township Park. Marker is in this post office area: East Liberty OH 43319, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are Home of John Garwood / Garwoods Mill Site (approx. 0.4 miles away); Darby Creek (approx. 1.9 miles away); Phebe Haines Sharp (approx. 2.3 miles away); Middleburg United Methodist Church Bellringers (approx. 3 miles away); Christopher Crary (approx. 4.1 miles away); Goshen Quaker Cemetery (approx. 4.2 miles away); Second Church/ First School (approx. 4.2 miles away); Underground Railroad Station (was approx. 4.6 miles away but has been reported missing. ). Touch for a list and map of all markers in East Liberty.
Categories. • Education • Settlements & Settlers •
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. This page originally submitted on March 23, 2015, by Rev. Ronald Irick of West Liberty, Ohio. This page has been viewed 197 times since then and 37 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7. submitted on March 23, 2015, by Rev. Ronald Irick of West Liberty, Ohio. • Al Wolf was the editor who published this page.