Near Winters in Runnels County, Texas — The American South (West South Central)
†††††First school house was built in 1902 on land donated by Tom Puckett. School consolidated with Winters School in 1947.
†††††During Drascoís thriving years, there were 2 stores, a cotton gin, a blacksmith shop, a 5-room school building and 2 churches–Baptist Church is still active. Population never exceeded 30.
Erected 1968 by Texas State Historical Survey Committee. (Marker Number 1285.)
Location. 32° 4.608′ N, 99° 59.278′ W. Marker is near Winters, Texas, in Runnels County. Marker is at the intersection of Farm to Market Road 2595 and Farm to Market Road 2405, on the right when traveling west on Road 2595. Touch for map. Marker is located at the northwest corner of the intersection. Marker is in this post office area: Winters TX 79567, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 9 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Community of Pumphrey (approx. 4 miles away); Winters Korean Veterans Memorial (approx. 7.6 miles Robert Cooke, M.D. (approx. 7.8 miles away); Old Cotton Oil Mill (approx. 7.8 miles away); Winters Brass Band (approx. 7.8 miles away); Winters FFA Chapter (approx. 8 miles away); St. John's Lutheran Church (approx. 8.2 miles away); Valley Creek Station (approx. 8.3 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Winters.
Also see . . . Drasco, TX. From the Texas State Historical Associationís “Handbook of Texas Online”. (Submitted on March 25, 2015.)
Categories. • Settlements & Settlers •
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. This page originally submitted on March 25, 2015, by Duane Hall of Abilene, Texas. This page has been viewed 216 times since then and 15 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6. submitted on March 25, 2015, by Duane Hall of Abilene, Texas.