Tyler in Lowndes County, Alabama — The American South (East South Central)
Talisi visited by De Soto
Sept. 18, 1540
Sept. 18, 1540
This stone erected by
The National Society of
Colonial Dames of America
Erected 1936 by the National Society of Colonial Dames of America In Alabama.
Marker series. This marker is included in the National Society of Colonial Dames of America marker series.
Location. 32° 18.976′ N, 86° 53.057′ W. Marker is in Tyler, Alabama, in Lowndes County. Marker is at the intersection of U.S. 80 and County Road 7, on the right when traveling west on U.S. 80. Touch for map. Located diagonally across U.S. Highway 80 from the Tyler Volunteer Fire Department. Marker is at or near this postal address: 10660 US Highway 80 East, Tyler AL 36785, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 10 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Campsite 1 (approx. 3.9 miles away); Joe T. Pilcher, Jr. (approx. 6.6 miles away); Craig Air Force Base (approx. 6.6 miles away); Holy Ground Battlefield (approx. 9.9 Arsenal Anvil (approx. 9.9 miles away); In Honor of James Joseph Reeb (approx. 9.9 miles away); Selma Navy Yard and Ordnance Works (approx. 9.9 miles away); Site of Selma-Dallas County’s 1st Bridge 1884-1940 (approx. 10 miles away).
Categories. • Exploration • Settlements & Settlers •
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. This page originally submitted on March 25, 2015, by Mark Hilton of Montgomery, Alabama. This page has been viewed 301 times since then and 48 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6. submitted on March 25, 2015, by Mark Hilton of Montgomery, Alabama.