New Windsor in Orange County, New York — The American Northeast (Mid-Atlantic)
Forge Hill Road
Named for Brewster Forge of Revolutionary period. Soldiers, marching to New Windsor Camp, 1782 passed over this road.
Erected by State of New York.
Location. 41° 27.436′ N, 74° 1.514′ W. Marker is in New Windsor, New York, in Orange County. Marker is at the intersection of Forge Hill Road (County Route 74) and 9W, on the left when traveling east on Forge Hill Road. Touch for map. Marker is in this post office area: New Windsor NY 12553, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 2 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Brewster Forge Site ( approx. 0.7 miles away); The Forge ( approx. 0.7 miles away); Historic New Windsor ( approx. 1.2 miles away); Headquarters Site ( approx. 1.2 miles away); Knox Headquarters ( approx. 1.2 miles away); The King’s Highway ( approx. 1.3 miles away); The Ellison Gristmill ( approx. 1.3 miles away); Glass Works Site ( approx. 1.4 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in New Windsor.
Categories. • Colonial Era • Roads & Vehicles • War, US Revolutionary •
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. This page originally submitted on June 8, 2008, by Bill Coughlin of North Arlington, New Jersey. This page has been viewed 843 times since then and 36 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5. submitted on June 8, 2008, by Bill Coughlin of North Arlington, New Jersey.