Ramona in San Diego County, California — The American West (Pacific Coastal)
Ramona Town Hall
Romona Town Hall was designed by noted San Diego architect William S. Hebbard. Built of adobe with brick veneer in the Romanesque / Mission Revival style, it is considered one of the largest freestanding adobe structures in the southwest.
The building was erected by T.O. Samuels on two lots donated by real estate developer and surveyor Milton Santee. Santee soon thereafter successfully lobbied to town to change its name to Ramona in order to capitalize upon the popularity of Helen Hunt Jackson's literary character of the same name.
During its long history, this building has served the community as home to the towns library, movie theater, high school, bank, dance hall, justice court,
Erected 2009 by The Board of Trustees of Ramona Twon Hall Inc., by the Ancient and Honorable Order of E Clampus Vitus, John P. Squibob Chapter #1853.
Marker series. This marker is included in the E Clampus Vitus marker series.
Location. 33° 2.667′ N, 116° 51.865′ W. Marker is in Ramona, California, in San Diego County. Marker is on Main Street, on the right when traveling west. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 729 Main Street, Ramona CA 92065, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 12 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Verlaque House (1886) (about 400 feet away, measured in a direct line); Theophile Verlaque House (about 400 feet away); An Incident of the Mexican War (approx. 7.6 miles away); San Pasqual (approx. 7.8 miles away); San Pasqual Battlefield (approx. 7.9 miles away); Dearborn Memorial Park (approx. 10.6 miles away); DJ Ranch Formerly: Kent Farm (approx. 10.7 miles away); City of Poway Veterans Park (approx. 11.2 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Ramona.
Categories. • Arts, Letters, Music • Charity & Public Work • Settlements & Settlers •
More. Search the internet for Ramona Town Hall.
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. This page originally submitted on April 11, 2015, by Bill Kirchner of Tucson, Arizona. This page has been viewed 300 times since then and 20 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3, 4. submitted on April 11, 2015, by Bill Kirchner of Tucson, Arizona. • Andrew Ruppenstein was the editor who published this page.