Bronte in Coke County, Texas — The American South (West South Central)
First Methodist Church
Erected 1988 by Texas Historical Commission. (Marker Number 1749.)
Location. 31° 53.078′ N, 100° 17.621′ W. Marker is in Bronte, Texas, in Coke County. Marker is at the intersection of S. Washington Street and W. Holmes Avenue, on the right when traveling south on S. Washington Street. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 324 S. Washington St, Bronte TX 76933, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 7 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. First Baptist Church (about 300 feet away, measured in a direct line); Fort Chadbourne C.S.A. / Texas Civil War Frontier Defense (approx. 0.2 miles away); Bronte Depot Bronte Veterans Memorial (approx. 0.2 miles away); Bronte (approx. ¼ mile away); Townsite of Marie (approx. 5.6 miles away); Southern Overland Mail, 1858-1861 (approx. 5.8 miles away); W.H. Brown (approx. 6.2 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Bronte.
Categories. • Churches, Etc. •
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. This page originally submitted on April 12, 2015, by Duane Hall of Abilene, Texas. This page has been viewed 224 times since then and 41 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5. submitted on April 12, 2015, by Duane Hall of Abilene, Texas.