Marker Logo HMdb.org THE HISTORICAL
MARKER DATABASE
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
Uvalde in Uvalde County, Texas — The American South (West South Central)
 

Judge John Nance Garner

 
 
Judge John Nance Garner Marker image. Click for full size.
By William F Haenn
1. Judge John Nance Garner Marker
Inscription.
Honoring 97th birthday, November 22, 1965 of
Judge John Nance Garner

Cherished by fellow citizens of Uvalde County for his acts of leadership, philanthropy and dedication to area progress.

Able trial lawyer; rancher and banker. First elective office was County Judge. Benefactor, Southwest Texas Junior College.

The good example and rare wit and wisdom of Judge Garner have inspired southwest Texas and 20th century America.
 
Erected 1965 by City of Uvalde.
 
Location. 29° 12.756′ N, 99° 47.541′ W. Marker is in Uvalde, Texas, in Uvalde County. Marker is at the intersection of North Park Street and West Mequite Street, on the left when traveling north on North Park Street. Touch for map. Located at the Briscoe-Garner Museum. Marker is at or near this postal address: 333 North Park Street, Uvalde TX 78801, United States of America.
 
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. 1830 - Reading Wood Black - 1867 (approx. 0.2 miles away); King Fisher (approx. 0.2 miles away); Grand Opera House (approx. 0.4 miles away); Kincaid Hotel (approx. 0.4 miles away); Uvalde County
John Nance Garner, Vice-President of the United States 1933-1941 image. Click for full size.
2. John Nance Garner, Vice-President of the United States 1933-1941
(approx. 0.4 miles away); Early Texas Wagon Yards (approx. 0.4 miles away); Uvalde County Courthouse (approx. 0.4 miles away); Fort Inge, Camp Dix, C.S.A. (approx. 0.4 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Uvalde.
 
Also see . . .  Briscoe-Garner Museum. The Dolph Briscoe Center for American History, The University of Texas at Austin. (Submitted on April 20, 2015.) 
 
Categories. Charity & Public WorkEducationPolitics
 
 
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. This page originally submitted on April 20, 2015, by William F Haenn of Fort Clark (Brackettville), Texas. This page has been viewed 214 times since then and 55 times this year. Photos:   1, 2. submitted on April 17, 2015, by William F Haenn of Fort Clark (Brackettville), Texas. • Bernard Fisher was the editor who published this page.
 
Editor’s want-list for this marker. A wide view photo of the marker and the surrounding area in context. • Can you help?
Paid Advertisement