Belle Center in Logan County, Ohio — The American Midwest (Great Lakes)
Belle Center Jail
Small Town Artifact in a Village Park
This structure is a former
jail erected in Belle Center
in 1880. It is thought to have
been last used May 25, 1933
then retired by the City
Fathers. It was restored by
the Richland Township
Trustees in March 2005 and
relocated to this spot.
Erected 2005 by Richland Township Trustees.
Location. 40° 30.71′ N, 83° 44.715′ W. Marker is in Belle Center, Ohio, in Logan County. Marker is on Center Street, on the left when traveling north. Touch for map. marker is in front of the American Legion Post 266, adjacent to the village park. Marker is at or near this postal address: 615 Center Street, Belle Center OH 43310, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 6 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Village Marshall Murray Griffin (within shouting distance of this marker); LCPL Lewis E. Hughes II (about 400 feet away, measured in a direct line); Belle Center War Memorial (approx. one mile away); Belle Center Spanish American War Memorial (approx. one mile away); Geneva College (approx. 2.8 miles away); Hull's Trail 1812 Solomon Town (approx. 3.4 miles away); Ohio State Eagles Recreation Park (approx. 5½ miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Belle Center.
Categories. • Charity & Public Work •
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. This page originally submitted on May 6, 2015, by Rev. Ronald Irick of West Liberty, Ohio. This page has been viewed 393 times since then and 11 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5. submitted on May 6, 2015, by Rev. Ronald Irick of West Liberty, Ohio. • Andrew Ruppenstein was the editor who published this page.