Tucson in Pima County, Arizona — The American Mountains (Southwest)
La Casa Cordova
The house was named for Maria Navarette Cordova, whose family acquired it in 1896. It was restored by the Junior League of Tucson, Inc., for the Tucson Museum of Art in 1975 and is listed in the National Register of Historic Places.
La Casa Cordova
Esta casa incorpora porciones de la estructura más antigua ya existente en Tucsón. Se cree que los dos cuartos hacia el oeste fueron construidos antes del Tratado de Mesilla de 1854. Cuatro cuatros del frente se añadieron en 1879. Su nombre actual data de 1896 cuando la familia de María Navarette Córdova la adquirío. Su restuaración para formar parte del “Tucson Museum of Art” se efectuó en 1975 por la “Junior League of Tucson, Inc.” Está registrada en el “National Register of Historic Places.”
Erected by Tucson-Pima County Historical Commission and Arizona Historical Society.
Marker series. This marker is included in the Arizona, The Presidio Trail marker series.
Location. 32° 13.437′ Touch for map. Marker is in this post office area: Tucson AZ 85701, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Meyer Street (within shouting distance of this marker); Plaza Militar (within shouting distance of this marker); Leonardo Romero House (within shouting distance of this marker); Siqueiros-Jácome House (within shouting distance of this marker); The First Presbyterian Church in Tucson (about 300 feet away, measured in a direct line); Hiram S. Stevens House (about 300 feet away); The Stork's Nest (about 400 feet away); Commemorating the Raising of the First American Flag within the Walled City of Tucson (about 400 feet away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Tucson.
Categories. • Notable Buildings •
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. This page originally submitted on January 5, 2010, by Bill Kirchner of Tucson, Arizona. This page has been viewed 1,057 times since then and 48 times this year. Last updated on May 12, 2015, by J. Makali Bruton of Querétaro, Mexico. Photos: 1, 2, 3. submitted on January 5, 2010, by Bill Kirchner of Tucson, Arizona. 4. submitted on January 18, 2012, by Denise Boose of Tehachapi, California. • Bill Pfingsten was the editor who published this page.