Gadsden in Etowah County, Alabama — The American South (East South Central)
Colonel Hood House
In 1954 the Gadsden Woman’s Club purchased the property to house their organization which was founded in 1923.
(Listed in the National Register of Historic Places May 8, 1986)
Erected in 1993 by The Etowah Historical Society and the C. Woodrow Dawson Family in Memory of Jerry Morgan Dawson. Past President and Trustee of the Gadsden Woman’s Club.
Erected 1993 by Alabama Historical Commission.
Location. 34° 0.835′ N, 86° 0.861′ W. Marker is in Gadsden, Alabama, in Etowah County. Marker is at the intersection of Chestnut Street and South 9th Street, on the right when traveling east on Chestnut Street. Touch for map. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Gunn-Bellenger House (within shouting distance of this marker); Congregation Beth Israel (approx. 0.2 miles away); William Luther Sibert Major General U.S. Army (Ret.) (approx. 0.2 miles away); Etowah County, Alabama (approx. 0.2 miles away); Eleventh Street School (approx. 0.2 miles away); The North Alabama Conference of the United Methodist Church (approx. half a mile away); Gadsden Times-News Building (approx. 0.6 miles away); Gadsden Amphitheater (approx. 0.8 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Gadsden.
Categories. • Notable Buildings • Notable Persons •
More. Search the internet for Colonel Hood House.
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. This page originally submitted on December 19, 2010, by Timothy Carr of Birmingham, Alabama. This page has been viewed 1,012 times since then and 35 times this year. Last updated on May 26, 2015, by J. Makali Bruton of Querétaro, Mexico. Photos: 1, 2, 3, 4. submitted on December 19, 2010, by Timothy Carr of Birmingham, Alabama. • Bernard Fisher was the editor who published this page.