Red Bay in Franklin County, Alabama — The American South (East South Central)
Red Bay School
In the 1930's the agriculture & home economics building was constructed. As enrollment increased, extra classrooms & a lunchroom were added. In 1949 a gymnasium was added. The junior high building & lunchroom were added in the mid 1950's.
On Nov 27, 1967, the 40-year-old building burned. Again, Classes were held in churches & the Masonic Hall. A new modern elementary building was completed in 1969. The combined acreage of the Red Bay School
Location. 34° 26.471′ N, 88° 8.644′ W. Marker is in Red Bay, Alabama, in Franklin County. Marker is at the intersection of 1st Street Southeast and 4th Avenue South (Alabama Route 24), on the right when traveling north on 1st Street Southeast. Touch for map. Marker is in this post office area: Red Bay AL 35582, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 7 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Red Bay Depot & Hotel (about 300 feet away, measured in a direct line); Yarber Grist Mill (about 300 feet away); Bay Theater (about 300 feet away); Red Bay Ice and Gin Company (about 300 feet away); The Calaboose (about 300 feet away); Pride in Our Past, Faith in Our Future (about 500 feet away); Mac McAnally (approx. 6.2 miles away in Mississippi); History of Vina (approx. 6.6 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Red Bay.
Categories. • Charity & Public Work • Education •
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. This page originally submitted on October 3, 2013, by Sandra Hughes of Killen, Usa. This page has been viewed 544 times since then and 42 times this year. Last updated on May 26, 2015, by J. Makali Bruton of Querétaro, Mexico. Photos: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7. submitted on October 3, 2013, by Sandra Hughes of Killen, Usa. • Bernard Fisher was the editor who published this page.