Greensboro in Hale County, Alabama — The American South (East South Central)
Richard Pearson Hobson
Spanish - American War Hero
Admiral Hobson, as naval officer,
Statesman, lecturer and author,
Urged national preparedness:
Championed human welfare causes.
Alabama made this home a state shrine
to Admiral Hobson in 1943.
House built in 1838 by Col. Isaac Groom.
Erected 1957 by Alabama Historical Association.
Location. 32° 42.243′ N, 87° 36.417′ W. Marker is in Greensboro, Alabama, in Hale County. Marker is at the intersection of Hobson Street and Main Street, on the left when traveling north on Hobson Street. Touch for map. Marker is in this post office area: Greensboro AL 36744, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 18 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Gayle - Tunstall House (approx. half a mile away); Greensboro Presbyterian Church (approx. half a mile away); St. Paul’s Episcopal Church (approx. 0.6 miles away); Southern University (approx. 1.3 miles away); Oak Grove School (approx. 11.7 miles away); Dr. Benjamin M. Duggar St. Andrew’s Church (approx. 14½ miles away); Vine And Olive Colony (approx. 18 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Greensboro.
Also see . . .
1. Constructor Richmond Pearson Hobson. (Submitted on July 29, 2010, by Timothy Carr of Birmingham, Alabama.)
2. Role of Richmond Hobson in Spanish American War. (Submitted on July 29, 2010, by Timothy Carr of Birmingham, Alabama.)
3. Richmond Pearson Hobson From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia. (Submitted on July 29, 2010, by Timothy Carr of Birmingham, Alabama.)
Categories. • Antebellum South, US • Government • Heroes • War, Spanish-American •
Credits. This page was last revised on July 25, 2018. This page originally submitted on July 29, 2010, by Timothy Carr of Birmingham, Alabama. This page has been viewed 1,181 times since then and 35 times this year. Last updated on May 26, 2015, by J. Makali Bruton of Querétaro, Mexico. Photos: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8. submitted on July 29, 2010, by Timothy Carr of Birmingham, Alabama. • Bernard Fisher was the editor who published this page.