Greensboro in Hale County, Alabama — The American South (East South Central)
Founded here in 1856 by Methodist Church.
Weathered War and Reconstruction to prosper in late 1800’s. Moved to Birmingham in 1918 on merger with Birmingham College, founded in 1896 by Methodists.
Erected 1956 by Alabama Historical Association.
Location. 32° 41.927′ N, 87° 35.096′ W. Marker is in Greensboro, Alabama, in Hale County. Marker is at the intersection of State Street (State Highway 69) and Amory Street on State Street. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 19518 Alabama Hwy 69, Greensboro AL 36744, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 7 other markers are within 15 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. St. Paul’s Episcopal Church (approx. ¾ mile away); Greensboro Presbyterian Church (approx. 0.9 miles away); Gayle - Tunstall House (approx. 0.9 miles away); Magnolia Grove (approx. 1.3 miles away); Oak Grove School (approx. 11.9 miles away); Dr. Benjamin M. Duggar (approx. 14.7 miles away); St. Andrew’s Church (approx. 14.7 miles away).
Categories. • Churches, Etc. • Education •
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. This page originally submitted on July 29, 2010, by Timothy Carr of Birmingham, Alabama. This page has been viewed 1,082 times since then and 43 times this year. Last updated on May 26, 2015, by J. Makali Bruton of Querétaro, Mexico. Photos: 1, 2, 3, 4. submitted on July 29, 2010, by Timothy Carr of Birmingham, Alabama. • Bernard Fisher was the editor who published this page.