Weedsport in Cayuga County, New York — The American Northeast (Mid-Atlantic)
constructed 1884 of
local brick to hold newly
purchased 1878 Silsby
steam powered pumper.
Belfry bell is original.
Erected 2014 by William G. Pomeroy Foundation.
Location. 43° 2.845′ N, 76° 33.669′ W. Marker is in Weedsport, New York, in Cayuga County. Marker is at the intersection of South Street (County Route 128) and Liberty Street, on the left when traveling south on South Street. Touch for map. Marker is at the south end of the parking lot. Marker is at or near this postal address: 8892 South Street, Weedsport NY 13166, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Weed's Basin (about 600 feet away, measured in a direct line); Town of Brutus (approx. 0.2 miles away); God's Acre (approx. 0.3 miles away); The Erie Canal (approx. 0.8 miles away); a different marker also named The Erie Canal (approx. 0.8 miles away); The Boom Years (approx. 0.8 miles away); Conduit For Ideas (approx. 0.8 miles away); William McCreedy (approx. 0.9 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Weedsport.
Categories. • Notable Buildings •
Credits. This page was last revised on June 20, 2016. This page originally submitted on May 26, 2015, by Anton Schwarzmueller of Wilson, New York. This page has been viewed 267 times since then and 5 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3, 4. submitted on May 26, 2015, by Anton Schwarzmueller of Wilson, New York.