Cato in Cayuga County, New York — The American Northeast (Mid-Atlantic)
Village formerly so called
from Dr. John Jakway
settling 1809, associate
of Ethan Allen. Platt
Titus first settler 1805.
Erected by New York State Education Department.
Location. 43° 10.078′ N, 76° 34.363′ W. Marker is in Cato, New York, in Cayuga County. Marker is at the intersection of East Main Street (New York State Route 370) and South Street (New York State Route 34), on the right when traveling east on East Main Street. Touch for map. Marker is in this post office area: Cato NY 13033, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 9 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Old Mill (approx. 0.2 miles away); Burial Place (approx. one mile away); Site Where Four Towns Meet (approx. one mile away); In Memory of Abner Hollister (approx. 1.8 miles away); Cato Four Corners (approx. 1.8 miles away); Jordan Lock 51 (approx. 8 miles away); Town of Brutus (approx. 8.3 miles away); Weed's Basin (approx. 8.3 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Cato.
Categories. • Settlements & Settlers •
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. This page originally submitted on May 26, 2015, by Anton Schwarzmueller of Wilson, New York. This page has been viewed 262 times since then and 9 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3. submitted on May 26, 2015, by Anton Schwarzmueller of Wilson, New York.