Meridian in Cayuga County, New York — The American Northeast (Mid-Atlantic)
Cato Four Corners
Geo. Loveless and Abel Pasko
first settlers in 1804.
Jesse Elwell and Abner
Hollister settled in 1805.
Called Meridian since 1849
Erected 1935 by New York State Education Department.
Location. 43° 9.926′ N, 76° 32.174′ W. Marker is in Meridian, New York, in Cayuga County. Marker is on Main Street (New York State Route 370) 0.1 miles east of Bonta Bridge Road (County Route 18B), on the right when traveling east. Touch for map. Marker is at a small park just east of the Post Office. Marker is in this post office area: Meridian NY 13113, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 9 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. In Memory of Abner Hollister (a few steps from this marker); Burial Place (approx. 1.2 miles away); Jakway's Corners (approx. 1.8 miles away); Old Mill (approx. 2 miles away); Site Where Four Towns Meet (approx. 2.9 miles away); Jordan Lock 51 (approx. 7.1 miles away); Erie Canal (approx. 7.6 miles away); Town of Brutus (approx. 8.2 miles away).
Categories. • Settlements & Settlers •
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. This page originally submitted on May 28, 2015, by Anton Schwarzmueller of Wilson, New York. This page has been viewed 256 times since then and 6 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3, 4. submitted on May 28, 2015, by Anton Schwarzmueller of Wilson, New York.