Oskaloosa in Mahaska County, Iowa — The American Midwest (Upper Plains)
Dragoon Trail Historical Site Marker No. 5
Blazed in 1835 by the
First U.S. Dragoons
Stephen W. Kearny
Erected 1940 by Oskaloosa Chapter Iowa Daughters of the American Revolution.
Marker series. This marker is included in the Daughters of the American Revolution marker series.
Location. 41° 18.3′ N, 92° 40.167′ W. Marker is in Oskaloosa, Iowa, in Mahaska County. Marker is on Old Highway 163 0.2 miles north of Orchard Ave, on the left when traveling north. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 2074 Old Highway 163, Oskaloosa, IA 5257, Oskaloosa IA 52577, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 1 other marker is within 11 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Chief Hard Fish / Eddyville Historic Site Marker (approx. 10.4 miles away).
Related markers. Click here for a list of markers that are related to this marker. To better understand the relationship, study each marker in the order shown.
Also see . . . Dragoon Trail - Wikipedia. In 1933, the State of Iowa opened the Dragoon Trail, a scenic and historic drive along the Des Moines River. (Submitted on May 3, 2015.)
Categories. • Exploration • Roads & Vehicles •
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. This page originally submitted on April 27, 2015, by Benjamin M. Snyder of Ankeny, Iowa. This page has been viewed 408 times since then and 59 times this year. Last updated on June 3, 2015, by Benjamin M. Snyder of Ankeny, Iowa. Photos: 1, 2. submitted on April 27, 2015, by Benjamin M. Snyder of Ankeny, Iowa. • Bill Pfingsten was the editor who published this page.