Fort Stockton in Pecos County, Texas — The American South (West South Central)
Site of Fort Stockton
Erected 1936 by State of Texas. (Marker Number 4798.)
Marker series. This marker is included in the Comanche Trail into Mexico, the San Antonio-El Paso Road, and the Texas 1936 Centennial Markers and Monuments marker series.
Location. 30° 52.942′ N, 102° 52.758′ W. Marker is in Fort Stockton, Texas, in Pecos County. Marker is at the intersection of South Main Street and West James Street, on the right when traveling south on South Main Street. Touch for map. Marker is located in the plaza south of the Pecos County Courthouse. Marker is at or near this postal address: 403 South Main Street, Fort Stockton TX 79735, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 6 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Fort Stockton (about 600 feet away, measured in a direct line); Site of Comanche Springs (approx. 0.3 miles away); St. Stephen's Episcopal Church Fort Stockton Guard House (approx. 0.4 miles away); Fort Stockton Officers' Quarters (approx. half a mile away); Old Fort Cemetery (approx. 0.6 miles away).
Categories. • Forts, Castles • Native Americans • Settlements & Settlers • War, US Civil •
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. This page originally submitted on June 12, 2015, by Richard Denney of Austin, Texas. This page has been viewed 291 times since then and 32 times this year. Photos: 1, 2. submitted on June 12, 2015, by Richard Denney of Austin, Texas. • Bernard Fisher was the editor who published this page.