Stoughton in Dane County, Wisconsin — The American Midwest (Great Lakes)
East Park Historic District
The current East Park was established by 1903. Adjacent residential lots on the north and west sides of the park were offered for sale starting in 1913. The buildings constructed here are nice examples of Bungalows and Craftsman - influenced houses. They, along with the park, comprise the East Park Historic District. This district is listed in the National Register of Historic Places.
Erected 2004 by Wisconsin Historical Society and Stoughton Landmarks Commission.
Marker series. This marker is included in the Wisconsin Historical Society marker series.
Location. 42° 55.05′ N, 89° 12.665′ W. Marker is in Stoughton, Wisconsin, in Dane County. Marker is on Park Street, on the left when traveling west. Touch for map. Marker is in this post office area: Stoughton WI 53589, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 6 miles of this marker, Main Street Historic District (approx. 0.3 miles away); Stoughton (approx. 0.6 miles away); Robert Marion La Follette, Sr. (approx. 3.4 miles away); Bovre Congregation (approx. 3½ miles away); Yahara River (was approx. 4.4 miles away but has been reported missing. ); Seasons of Fish Camp (approx. 5.2 miles away); Carp for sale (approx. 5.2 miles away); Too many carp (approx. 5.2 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Stoughton.
Categories. • Settlements & Settlers •
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. This page originally submitted on June 14, 2015, by Lugnuts of Germantown, Wisconsin. This page has been viewed 202 times since then and 41 times this year. Photos: 1, 2. submitted on June 14, 2015, by Lugnuts of Germantown, Wisconsin. • Andrew Ruppenstein was the editor who published this page.